Also check out my Racing Calendar page.
19 Feb 15 — Shortly after completing Ironman, I was in a truck accident, which sort of screwed up my training. Since then I have been in the gym getting strong, but endurance work has suffered, and racing has not happened.
My goal this year (2015) is to get into Olympic distance shape. I still want to put up a Kona qualifying time at some point.
There are just so many different things to pursue. . .
2012 — Ironman 140.6 — Ironman Florida 3 Nov 12
Intermediate goals are:
- Olympic triathlon in Spring and Late Summer
- A century ride Late Spring/Early Summer
- Be competitive in Augusta (dare I say sub 5 hours?)
11 Oct 11: My big goal for 2011 is accomplished–Augusta 70.3 Half-Ironman (see my race reports).
I’m now setting my sites on 2012, a full Ironman. It’s an odd thing, this is a goal I played with for 2012, but didn’t seem valid until I completed Augusta–then all of a sudden, it became a “valid” goal.
Main training goal for 2011 is to race the Augusta Half IronMan in September. To that end, I have the following intermediate goals:
- Half marathon (Maybe Warner Robbins in Jan 11)
- Olympic distance Triathlon. Don’t have one in mind yet
- Sprint Triathlon. Georgia Vets would be a good last minute tune-up
- Train for swimming each successive distance in open water.
Finished the Georgia Veterans Triathlon this past Saturday (14 Aug). See my after action review
Taking a reprieve, and planning my next event. My initial calendar has been kinda thrown out of whack. Intend to do a half marathon this fall. I was initially looking at the Myrtle Half, but am concerned about the practicality of the trek. May need to find something closer to home.
Training suffered some injury/illness setbacks, but I managed to run in the Father’s Day 4 Miler in June and the Peachtree Road Race July 4th.
Am registered and training for the Georgia Veterans Sprint Triathlon 14 August.
Need to reevaluate races I’ve looked at for 17 Jul (Decatur/Dekalb 4 Miler) & September Xterra. Am still looking at the Myrtle Half (may need to adjust for budget and schedule purposes, and run a half closer to home)
I know everyone is so interested in my personal race calendar–I felt compelled to post an update (that was tongue-in cheek). Anyhow, my goal is to race once each month this year. I have raced Jan and Feb, and now plan to run in the Strides of March 5k on 27 March 2010, benefiting the Atlanta Homeless Children’s Shelter — http://www.atlantachildrensshelter.com/.
Aside from that, I’m looking fairly seriously at:
- 3 Apr — the Dirty Spokes
- , late after 20 Mar
- 4 Jul —
- (although I despise Active.com, their “processing fees”, and being essentially forced to register through them)
- 24 Oct — and the
The game plan is to run a race each month this year. Thus far, I’ve run the Resolution Run in January, the Run the Reagan this month. Looking at the Peachtree in July. Last Thanksgiving we ran the United Way Turkey Trot in Savannah, I guess we’ll plan on a race Thankgiving day for November. That leaves, eight other races. March, April, May, June, August, September, October, December. I’m not going to be too anal about this, the essential aspects of this goal are approximately once each month, for a total of twelve for the year. Here are tentatives for the remainder:
- 13 Mar – Run for Wounded Warriors
- 3 Apr – Dirty Spokes Boling Park Trail Run 4.5M
- 22 May – Dirty Spokes Silver Comet Trail 10K
- 19 Jun – ATC Mens 4M
- 4 Jul – Peachtree Road Race 10K
- 17 Jul – Decatur Dekalb YMCA 4M
- 14 Aug – ATC Grand Finale 5K
- 25 Sep – XTERRA Georgia Harbins Park Trail Run 10K
- 2 Oct – Myrtle Beach half marathon ?
- Nov – Savannah United Way Turkey Trot ?
- Dec – ? I see two scheduled for July, so maybe will skip this one.
If not, me then whom?